Be friends with those who are wise, and you will become wise. Choose fools to be your friends, and you will have trouble. – Proverbs 13:30 (ERV)
Spend some time to evaluate your friendships. Take some time to answer these questions:
- How did you become friends?
- Why did you decide to be friends?
- What do you talk about when you are together?
- How has the friendship drawn you closer to God?
- What habits have you learned or picked up from them?
- What are their values and life principles?
- How much of your values and principles do they agree with?
- How do they react when you do not agree with them?
- How do you feel when they do not approve of your beliefs or actions?
- Are they as invested in the friendship as much as you are?
- How have you grown from being friends with them?